By complying with the AIS Program requirements and the PCI Data Security Standards (DSS), your organization is not only meeting its obligation to the Visa payment system, but also obtaining other benefits related to the protection of its customer information.
In addition to safeguarding your customers' information, adequate information security controls will allow you to limit your exposure to risk and minimize the losses and operating costs that may result from cardholder information compromise incidents.
The cost and resources needed to meet PCI security requirements are minimal when compared to the financial impact an information compromise might represent.
These costs normally include:
- Hiring information security, legal, public relations and marketing experts;
- Financial impact associated with fraud, penalties, lawsuits and regulatory sanctions;
- Other costs related to the loss of revenue as a result of lack of trust on the part of consumers, damage to the brand and interruption of regular processes.
The AIS Program can help by:
- Promoting the integrity of your brand and increasing consumer trust in your business.
- Increasing sales as a result of the increased consumer trust.
- Protecting your organization from potential loss of income, undesirable investigations and legal costs.
- Reducing the risk of attracting negative publicity and attention from the press as a result of a compromise incident.
- Increasing awareness of controls and preventive security measures available to your organization.
- Reducing cardholder disputes and costs associated with fraud transactions as a result of compromised information.